Friday, 25 March 2011

World Map

So here's the basic idea for what the world might look like after it fell. I don't know enough about geography to be able to accurately design where land would be submerged under water or where new land mass might emerged. It's something I would have liked to have been able to plan properly, but given the short amount of time left I feel as though there are more important things to spend more time on.

I've got my main areas of civilisation though, and those areas in the light green are where I'm going to design new cultures.



Better description of the map key:

Un-habitable: Areas where no humans dare go. These areas still contain high levels of magik radiation, and are usually invested with mutants.

Submerged by water: Areas where the sea has risen to cover land mass.

Main areas of population: Where there are larger numbers of humans. These areas often have fairly established settlements and towns, and there is basic technology.

Unclaimed territory: Often populated by wild creatures and "alien" species, some hardier races of humans are sometimes found living nomadic life styles. Permanent settlements are very rarely found in these areas.

I used this wonderful texture for the map background.

No comments:

Post a Comment